- Meeting abstract
- Open Access
Modelling the impact of injection time on the bolus shapes in PET-MRI AIF Conversion
© Sari et al; licensee Springer 2014
- Published: 29 July 2014
- Injection Protocol
- Partial Volume Correction
- Injection Duration
- Rigid Registration
- Post Contrast
With the introduction of combined PET/MRI systems, AIF conversion can be made under certain circumstances (see ). We propose a model that allows modification of the injection parameters in the AIF fit to account for differences caused by different injection durations .
This enables conversion of the early part of the AIFs from one modality to another even if different injection protocols are used.
This work was supported by an IMPACT studentship funded jointly by Siemens and the UCL Faculty of Engineering Sciences. K.E. is funded by a grant from EPSRC (EP/K005278/1). UCL/UCLH research is supported by the NIHR Biomedical Research Centres funding scheme. We thank Celia O’Meara for her help with the PET and MRI datasets and Alex Bousse for his valuable comments.
- Poulin E, Lebel R, Croteau E, Blanchette M, Tremblay L, Lecomte R, Bentourkia M, Lepage M: Conversion of arterial input functions for dual pharmacokinetic modeling using Gd-DTPA/MRI and 18F-FDG/PET. Magn. Reson. Med. 2013, 69: 781–92. 10.1002/mrm.24318PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Holt A, Pasca E, Heijmink SW, Teertstra J, Muller SH, van der Heide UA: The impact of overall injection time on the arterial input function and pharmaco-kinetic analysis using the Tofts model in DCE-MRI for prostate cancer patients. Proc. Intl. Soc. Mag. Reson. Med. 2012, 20: 238.Google Scholar
- Perfusion Mismatch Analyzer, version 188.8.131.52 [January 20, 2014] ASIST-Japan Web site 2006. updated June 2011 [http://asist.umin.jp/data-e.shtml]
- Erlandsson K, Buvat I, Pretorius PH, Thomas B, Hutton BF: A review of partial volume correction techniques for emission tomography and their applications in neurology, cardiology and oncology. Phys. Med. Biol. 2012,57(21):R119–59. 10.1088/0031-9155/57/21/R119PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Parker GJM, Roberts C, Macdonald A, Buonaccorsi GA, Cheung S, Buckley DL, Jackson A, Watson Y, Davies K, G C, Jayson GC: Experimentally-derived functional form for a population-averaged high-temporal-resolution arterial input function for dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI. Magn. Reson. Med. 2006, 56: 993–1000. 10.1002/mrm.21066PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.