Volume 1 Supplement 1
Incorporation of MRI-AIF information for improved kinetic modelling of dynamic PET data
© Sari et al; licensee Springer 2014
Published: 29 July 2014
We have shown that information from simultaneous MRI-AIF can reduce the bias on Ki estimates and multiple blood samples might not be necessary, as the scaling method with one blood sample performed better when a parameter reflecting the early part of the MRI-AIF is included.
This work was supported by an IMPACT studentship funded jointly by Siemens and the UCL Faculty of Engineering Sciences. KE receives funding from EPSRC (EP/K005278/1). UCL/UCLH research is supported by the NIHR Biomedical Research Centres funding scheme.
- Feng D, Wong KP, Wu CM, Siu WC: A technique for extracting physiological parameters and the required input function simultaneously from PET image measurements: theory and simulation study. IEEE Trans. Inf. Technol. Biomed. 1997,1(4):243–54. 10.1109/4233.681168PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Poulin E, Lebel R, Croteau E, Blanchette M, Tremblay L, Lecomte R, Bentourkia M, Lepage M: Conversion of arterial input functions for dual pharmacokinetic modeling using Gd-D TPA/MRI and 18F-FDG/PET. Magn. Reson. Med. 2013, 69: 781–92. 10.1002/mrm.24318PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ibaraki IKM, Shimosegawa E, Toyoshima H, Ishigame K, Sugawara S, Takahashi K, Miura S: Evaluation of arterial input function for Perfusion MRI: comparison with that of PET study. Proc. Intl. Soc. Mag. Reson. Med. 2005, 13: 1125.Google Scholar
- Muzic RF, Cornelius S: COMKAT: compartment model kinetic analysis tool. J. Nucl. Med. 2001,42(4):636–45.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Hawkins RA, M E, Phelps ME, Huang SC: Effects of temporal sampling, glucose metabolic rates, and disruptions of the blood-brain barrier on the FDG model with and without a vascular compartment: studies in human brain tumors with PET. J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 1986,6(2):170–83. 10.1038/jcbfm.1986.30PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.